AIA Teams Up with NEST for City’s Newest Tech Accelerator
Insurance giant AIA teams up with NEST. Applications open on 25 November 2014 and the deadline for submissions is 1st February 2015.
The AIA Accelerator, powered by Nest, is a 12-week programme run by a full-time, dedicated team. Up to 8 startups will be selected to come to Hong Kong to accelerate their health tech and/or wearable businesses.
Both AIA and NEST do not take equity in the startup as part of the application of the programme. At the end of the 3 months supporting system and accelerator provided by Nest and AIA, we will arrange a pitch event to introduce the startup to the investment world. At this point Nest and/or AIA may also offer to invest in the startup.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Mentorship from specialists in wearable healthcare, technology, go-to-market and startups provided by Nest, AIA, Amazon and Microsoft
- Additional support from leading industry experts
- Hong Kong Science and Technology Park will provide a state of the art work space for all the startups accepted into the program
- Hot seating will also be available at Nest to the startups who want access to the Nest eco-system in Central
- Access to funding at an exclusive Investor Demo Day in June
- Be plugged in to the Nest & AIA eco-system
- Microsoft offers a 3-year programme on free software, cloud services and joint marketing exposure to help startup to grow their business
- 12 months business support and free training & online course from Amazon on Architecture, Sysops and Devops
Applications open today, apply here.
AIA is committed to supporting entrepreneurs and startups. We will provide mentorship from carefully selected business leaders and entrepreneurs to help you develop your business. These mentors will be able to give you unparalleled advice in marketing, PR, pitching and more, to help you accelerate your company’s development.
What is Nest?
Nest is the leading full-service innovation accelerator platform in Hong Kong. Providing seed capital and expertise to entrepreneurs, empowering startups throughout Asia with a wide range of services. Startups presently invested in by Nest can be viewed at https://angel.co/nest-investments/
Why did AIA partner with Nest on this programme?
AIA Accelerator is a ‘powered by Nest’ programme. This will be run by a dedicated team to help bring innovative business ideas to market. AIA has teamed up with Nest to run its model of mentorship, accelerated, intense development and world-class demo-day preparation.